Monday, July 6, 2009

What is it with pudding?

I'm thinking back over the past couple weeks of dessert things I've made and there's a common thread. PUDDING!


So, yesterday, as I strolled through the store, I turned down the baking aisle. I found myself perusing the puddings. Coconut Cream caught my attention. Coconut Cream Pie is one of Ernie's favorite, so I scanned the box to see what yummy recipes they offered. "Easy Toasted Coconut Pie" Like the sound of that!


I grabbed it and the rest of the ingredients on my way out. This morning I put it together. Here's how it goes...


Ingredients:


2 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped (I used 1/3 semi sweet chips)
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
2 cups thawed Whipped topping
3/4 Coconut, toasted
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg Jello Coconut Cream Flavor Instant Pudding


Toast your coconut at 350 degrees on a cookie sheet. Stir frequently until it turns light brown.


Microwave cocolute in microwaveable bowl on High for 30 seconds, stir, then for another 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.


Add 1 cup Cool Whip and 1/4 cups coconut; stir until blended. Spread onto the bottom of the crust.


Beat milk and pudding mix with whisk 2 minutes; spoon over chocolate layer in crust.


Top with remaining Cool Whip and coconut.


Refrigerate 4 hours.
Top view after initial sampling



Love that chocolate layer!

No comments: