Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wanna Wow Your Wild Ones??

Then keep reading. This next recipe is THE MOST PERFECT WAY to say Good Morning!


My mom has made these Breakfast Rolls as long as I've been alive. At least as far back as my memories go. They are scrumpdidliumptious!


Here we go!


Ingredients:


1 pkg Rhodes frozen rolls (in the frozen section, of course). You don't HAVE to have Rhodes, but you DO have to have some brand of frozen rolls.
1 small pkg original (NOT INSTANT) vanilla pudding
1/2 c brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
1/2 c chopped pecans
1 stick melted butter/margarine


Grease the sides and bottom of a 9 X 13 (or something about that size) dish with butter. I just use the stick of butter before I pop it in the microwave to melt.


Arrange the rolls. 24 of them to be exact, give or take a couple.


Mix the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the butter. Sprinkle the mixture over the rolls. Drizzle the melted butter all over the rolls. And, it looks like this.....



Cover the dish with paper towels and leave it out overnight (like on the counter).



The next morning.....take off the paper towels, and VOILA, you have thawed, risen dough with yummy stuff wedged in between.



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and then do whatever you do while you wait for your oven to preheat. I looked outside to see my boys gliding away. Yeah swingset!



Put your rolls in the oven for 20-25 minutes and when you take them out they look like this....




THEN......run a knife around the sides. Next, put a platter, cookie sheet, something flat on the top of the dish, hold them together with your super strong hands, and flip the two over, together. So, imagine, what you're looking at above is the bottom of the rolls. All the gooey ooey is hidden underneath. Yeah, I know I shoulda taken a picture of this step, but you can do it. I know you can!


Look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Check out the close up. Seriously, you want to make this tomorrow morning!! Trust me!



I wanna know what you think!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

this is one our fave recipes too, except we use butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla! YUMMY

Lil Eskimo said...

mmmm...might have to try that variation!!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

that looks ssoooooooo divine. i'm gonna make that this week. thanks for sharing. and i loved the swingset!! yay!

Joel Williams said...

These look awesome!