Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Steps...Literally

I was talking to one of my oldest friends (as in time I've known her) last night on facebook (yes, Nanner, that's you) and we were discussing the whole cleaning dilemma.  So, I got motivated.  Again. It comes in waves.

After short stuff's 5 second visit to Pre K (it's done at 10:40), I enlisted his agility and muscles.  I sent him on many missions up and down the stairs with items to be returned to their ACTUAL home and THEN to top it off, we moved the changing table from the garage to the house.  I know, I know, I could've done it myself, but you should've seen the absolutely delight in his eyes as he was such a big helper.   I'm sure it was comedic to watch his little legs scampering behind the table.  I kept slowing down and he kept speeding up....it was sweet to see him so excited.

So, now one wall (almost...still have the chair corner) of our trashy room is cleaned.  Diapers and wipes are out, baskets are ready for organization, and the last load of my newly purchased (from Craigslist, of course) baby clothes are in the dryer.  At least if Dane hatched, now we have a place to clean his bottom.  So, here it is.  A ready changing table and a clean, nicely vacuumed area of our room.

And, below is what remains.....  You might be thinking.  How does a disaster THIS disastrous happen?!  If you figure it out, PLEASE, let me know!  Your second question might be, if THAT'S what her bed looks like, how IS there a Baby Dane?  Some of you have decorative pillows to be taken off and put back on each day, we have all this other stuff. :)  A girl's gotta have priorities.

Oh, and Cheesecake says Hi!


For some time, Dane'll be hanging out in mom and dad's room....I'm not willing to sacrifice the big brothers' sleep OR my own injury (walking up and down stairs in the middle of the night) to have him in his actual room.  Not to mention the small detail that his room will be used to house the many houseguests who are coming to help us after he comes.  So, still to come...much later, I'm sure, like a year from now probably, will be pictures of his room.  For now, though, let not this moment pass and join me in the Hallelujah chorus that we have now reclaimed part of our bedroom....even if it IS to change diapers!

3 comments:

Amanda Nurnberg said...

Well, Dena I actually have the decorative pillows now. I realize that is probably a shock to you, but is like staying at a hotel every night. You go in to the bedroom and everything is clean and the bed is made. It really feels fancy. I would have never thought I was capable of such things. I owe it all to my husband! You can do it, I believe in you!

Lil Eskimo said...

I'm laughing. It DOES feel great to have a made bed, I have to admit. But, like I said, baby steps. Maybe this time next year I'll be sharing photos of my decorative pillows!

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

uhm ok. my favorite part about this room is the sheet corner rolling up and how u probably don't fix it each night but just keep sleeping on it as each corner slowly reaches the top and then pops off.

also, the word "dane'll" proves u have settled ur little Louisiana butt down and claimed ur stake as a texan. awwwww yea.

oh and one more thing. my word verification in "king" so i think the name should be Dane King Franco