Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Yummies

I have two recipes to share. Two recipes with totally different functions, but both worth your time. Promise (and not like I promised the delight of hot cheetos to lisa and j lowe....i'm laughing)!

Recipe Uno:

HOT CHOCOLATE!
This recipe makes a LOT, like a LOooooT and is a great gift for teachers, neighbors, etc. Last year I used it for school teachers and family members I saw around the holidays. I love to make things the kids can help with. This way they have some ownership in the gifting.

I put ours in holiday tupperware-ish containers (red & green found at WalMart) with a bow & gift card. I've also seen festive ziploc baggies...that would work great too. I'm all for useable gifts.

10 cups dry milk
4 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups cocoa
1 3/4 cups creamer

You will need a BIG container to mix this.

Don't forget to add the directions for your giftee. I put ours on the back of the gift card. "Mix 1/4 cup Hot Chocolate Mix with hot water or milk. Enjoy!"

If you wanted to give it a little extra umpff (like that?), you could also put the mix in a gift bag with a bag of mini marshmallows with a mug, candy canes for mixing, etc. You get the idea.


Recipe Dos:

SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE!
This recipe is a wonderful, quick recipe to take to holiday gatherings. If you don't have a lot of time and you believe like I do, that anything with massive amounts of cream cheese MUST be good, this may be for you.

2 cans of crescent rolls
2 8 oz of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 stick melted butter
cinnamon & sugar for topping

Spray a 9 X 13 pan with nonstick spray. Lay one can of crescent rolls on the bottom of the pan. Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and spread on crescent layer. Layer 1 can of rolls on top. Drizzle butter and top with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 3o minutes.

This is good hot, warm, cold, I'm telling ya, cream cheese may very well be the nectar of the earth.

Have a scrumptious day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, ditzy me, I don't get it....

Do you lay the crescent rolls flat across or rolled up on top?? I can't picture it in my mind.

Kelly

Lil Eskimo said...

flat across. you unroll the dough and then lay it flat. basically you're using the "crescent" just for its dough. it ends up looking like a 3 layer dessert...dough, filling, dough

Anonymous said...

OK, I get it. :)

Lauren, Daniel, James and baby Brendan. said...

Have I told you that I love your blog? Thank you for the hot cocoa recipe! Stealing it!!!! I always make a lot of candy and cookies for friends for Christmas but this year due to several things that just won't be happening. This is something quick and easy I can do instead. Thanks for sharing! Great idea!!!!

Lil Eskimo said...

THANK YOU lauren. so sweet of you!!

"due to several things" ie. hatching a new baby, having a one year old, enduring major surgery, and returning to work for the first time in 5 months. did i get it all in?