Word on the street is that tomorrow, Saturday, 11/7, Old Navy will have their Performance Fleece Scarves on sale for $1!! Thanks to The Morris Tribe for the tip!
When I got this valuable bit o' info, I thought to myself. What could I do with a scarf???!! Hm.....
This is what I came up with!
- Wrap your Christmas packages in brown packing paper ($1/roll at Dollar Tree) and tie them up with an adorable scarf for gift giving.
- If you have a green thumb and actually have living potted plants in your house, tie them up in a bow with a scarf around the pot for the holiday season.
- Keep a few on hand for people who you didn't expect a gift from, but want to return the sweet thought.
- Stitch two together to use as a draft dodger (not as in military) under drafty doors.
- Grab a couple extra to keep in your trunk for an emergency. You know where you keep your nonperishable food and blanket in case something crazy happens and you get stranded in Alaska, off a main roadway, without your cell phone.
- Choose a couple to coordinate with some of your outfits...scarves are so this year.
- And, my personal favorite and what is driving me there at opening time? I'm using these to wrap up some yummy goodness for teacher gifts this year. I was already planning on baking loaves of bread to give. I'll wrap them in saran wrap and then wrap them in a scarf.
Now the question is...which ones to choose??? A whole buncha VERY cute patterns and solid colors.
Funky, floral red??
Trendy, crisp green??
Let me know if you go snag some and what you're going to use yours for! I mean it, I WANT to know!