Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

MANDARIN SALAD

Mandarin Salad

Check out the recipe HERE!  I've made this for friends and family many a time and get rave reviews every time.  In fact, this is one of the salads that restored my husband's faith in green things.

There are a lot of variations you can do with this.  If the word variation and recipe in the same sentence makes your knees quake. I understand.  I'm definitely a recipe follower, but I promise, you too, can give it your own twist.

I regularly leave out the green onions and parsley.  Mainly because I'm tired of watching them wilt in the refrigerator from unuse.  I just use romaine lettuce instead of the romaine AND iceberg...same reason. And, I make WAY more almonds than it says, like twice the amount. I've found the almonds take longer than it says to make...I turn up the heat to about med-low and just watch it.

You can take this dish from a side to the main stage by grilling some chicken and tossing that in.  You could also add apples and/or strawberries and/or grapes.  Just let your taste buds lead the way and it'll turn out great!

If you make it and find a great twist, let us know.

No comments: