Monday, November 24, 2008

Creative Brainstorm!

I know, I know, I have really fallen down on the job when it comes to this blog. But, every once and a while I'll stop by, promise.

So, I love to be creative, but I also know when I like something and I know when I don't. A while ago....like a year or more ago, I saw this neat idea on some HGTV show (I've forgotten the name) and thought, I'll give that a try! So, I did. In retrospect, I should've taken a picture of the result because the only way I'm going to describe it is to say I ended up with pictures of grass. Only after I got 2 out of the 3 canvasses done, I knew I wasn't crazy about it. So, for over a year, I've had 3 canvasses hanging in my kitchen. 2 painted and 1 with just a base coat. Pathetic, I know.

But, then, about a week and a half ago I was at Pier One and saw a Clearance cart. I love Pier One and it's the first time in even longer than I've had those crazy grass pictures up that I've been in. I'm one of those shoppers who's magnetically drawn to every clearance sign within a 50 mile radius. Again, pathetic, I know, but what do you expect from a girl whose family brags about how little they paid for something?

Anyway, back to the story. I get to this clearance cart and it has placemats for 48 cents. You heard right, 48 cents. Hello?! I need, 1, 2, 3, oh, who am I kidding, I'm taking all of them.....I'll figure out something to do with them! And, then I notice some more that are more pricey, $1.3something. I love the pattern...they'll go in my downstairs, so I get 3! Did ya hear that? THREE, the perfect number for my uninspired canvasses!

So, within the next few days, I head out to Michael's after the kids are asleep and choose 3 metallics that fit with the rest of my Zen-like (Tif's description) decor. I know EXACTLY what I'm gonna do. It takes me 3 bottles of craft paint to cover the Sahara grasslands (1 for each canvas), some double sided sticky squares, my 3 placemats, and Voila....wall hangings I LOVE!.

I personally don't think these pictures do them justice (but then again, I do love them). And, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I haven't bothered to hang them correctly. But, I AM getting rave reviews. Then again, I'm sure my friends are just glad to see the grasslands go.


Here they are. Easy, cheap, and chic!



2 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

okay i really like this idea and i need to trek on over to my pier one to copy you. BUT you need better pictures, i feel like i can't see very well and i wanna hold one and touch it.

Lil Eskimo said...

I'll do some measurements for you. And, I'll work on my photography.. :)