Monday, October 20, 2008

Sneaking a bite....

Am I the only one who's ever hid from their kids to sneak bites of dinner before it's ready for general consumption. Today is one of those days. The mac and cheese from lunch has long gone and my belly is telling me dinner time better hurry up. Like I mentioned last post, I picked up some apples and blueberries at the store to make this delectable crisp. So, for your viewing pleasures....here are some pictures of the process and finished product!

Let me introduce you to the ingredients. Friends, ingredients; ingredients, friends. Not so many, lots are probably already in your pantry....



Before the oven.....I can almost taste it......


Scrumptious results.....bubbly and warm....begging for me to sneak a taste or ten (and I did)!

Now it's your turn! Like I said, this eats great at any temperature, so if making something like this BEFORE dinner doesn't fit into your schedule on any given day, put the kids to bed and unwind your brain making this yummy delight. OOOooooo....and then feed it to them for breakfast with a glass of milk! Apples and blueberries ARE fruits and the milk throws in some protein for good measure!

No comments: