Monday, January 19, 2009

Dine In or Carry Out

Our morning started out with a bang! Ernie took the boys to the gym with him and I started in cleaning the kitchen floor with a scrub brush. Ernie got me a cool steam mop last Christmas that I've really enjoyed, but I have to be honest, NOTHING cleans a kitchen floor like being on your hands and knees with a scrub brush. So, by the time he got home I'd cleaned every inch and it looked AMAZING!

Ernie walked in, was instantaneously inspired by the transformation, and commented on how nice it'd be to have a new kitchen table. We've talked about it before, but I have to say, that with a spotless floor staring at me, it WAS an appealing thought.

I loved the table we had.  It was a table I'd bought at a garage sale before we were married.  My mom had done this INCREDIBLE mosaic painting on it that coordinated with our other house and looked great there, but didn't match our decor or the shape of our kitchen here. Of course, a new table is absolutely not a need. Not even remotely close, but we thought we'd peruse Craigslist "just to see".

After looking at various and sundry shapes and sizes, we found a listing that had been posted a mere 13 minutes prior to our finding it. It was in our area and sounded like just the kind of table we thought would fit best. We called, they were home, and said we could come take a lookey look.

Long story short. Table seemed like it would work well. Ernie was immediately in love with it. They were "throwing in" a pub table from Outback that we didn't need in the least, so we were able to negotiate the price to an even better price by leaving the pub table with them. AND! They happily offered to deliver it. 

So, 5 hours later, we have a clean kitchen floor AND a new table. I know, it's a little dated, BUT it is a fun fit for the space AND working with a Craigslist budget can sometimes lend itself to pieces with, let's say, "character".

We like it and can't wait for you to come eat on it with us!

1 comment:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

oh my gosh, i think it's totally cute!! i love it. i've always wanted a benchy type table!! so precious!!!!