I couldn't resist. He looks SO excited. He's about to fall over asleep, but will do anything to sit with Daddy a little longer. One of my favorite parts of this (besides his sleepy eyes) is that he's holding Roman's dinosaur in his little hand.
Now to the REAL point of this point. Let me back up just a bit though....I looked at my last post date...over a week ago. I'm hit and miss, but this is taking it a little far. All of us minus Ernie have had strep since the last post. Enough said. I'm back from the dead.
And, since I felt normal for the first time in too many days (I really should go to the Dr. waaay sooner), today I did something I've been wanting to do. I made a headboard for our bed. Yes, we've been those people. People without a headboard. We successfully navigated the waters for enough years and now was the time.
Here's how I did it.
- 2 pieces of 4' X 8' foamboard from Lowe's...one left whole, the other I used two 12 inch strips. The total width...72". I also cut 2 1/4" off the height. This stuff cuts SOOO easy with a box cutter (what's the technical term for those things....I've gone blank!)
- Ripped the seams out of our duvet so I could use the fabric because I love it. A sheet, fabric, your own duvet or bedspread would work.
- I put the whole board in the middle and flanked it on both sides with the foot strips. The duvet fabric has a pattern, so I did match that so it looked like they all run into each other.
- To assemble...wrap the foamboard in the fabric. I used both spray adhesive and packing tape on the back side to adhere the fabric. I moved to the tape from the adhesive basically because I got tired of gummy fingers. Both worked well. And, I used a staple gun (because I use it ANY time I can find an excuse to...is that a problem?) to pull the fabric tight, tight.
- I did measure (although, not all that well) and cut holes in the foamboard for the outlets behind our bed before I wrapped the fabric.
- I used command strips to attach the whole contraption to the wall.
Mine is DONE and I get to check one more thing off my "summer" bleeding into fall list over on the left. So, now it's your turn. Go get some foamboard and have at it. We can't be the only left without a headboard.