Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Free Photo Book!!

I am not a scrapbooker. This is by choice. I'm not afraid. I think I'd enjoy it. BUT, I know, for me, it'd be a slippery slope of obsession.

So, 3 years ago when we got Elijah and I started snapping pictures of 2 little boys, I had a brainstorm. Not a unique one. I recognize that lots of people are probably doing this secretly in their own world, but you know me, if I come across something I love, I like to share. 'Cause you might love it too!

Back to my brainstorm....I would design a photobook for every year of our family and then print a copy for every child. The genius (in my mind) is that when they are adults and care, I'll hand them a big ole stack of photobooks so they can look back at our past years together.

At this point I'm documenting us as a family, but am already seeing that as time goes on, for a season, I might have to split each kid into his own book. Of course, I'd still include lots of family photos for context, but this would make the books more manageable size wise.

These plans sound all tied up in a bow, but, at this point, I've finished only 2 years. Not bad, huh, only have 1 year to catch up. And, then the 4 years of Roman by himself. So, I'm 5 years behind...who's counting?

My photobook company of choice is Shutterfly. Mainly because I have used them since Roman was teentsy and I have a whole hoard of things uploaded to them. PLUS, they are GREAT with coupons and discounts. They definitely know my loyalty button.

Now, to the point of my post, I was looking at The Morris Tribe and she pointed me in a most exciting direction! If you go here and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a Shutterfly banner. Follow the directions and it'll give you a code for a FREE (you pay for shipping) 8 X 8 photobook to be redeemed by Nov 15!! Make sure you write the code down and paste it to your forehead so you don't forget where you put it.

I'm posting my newest photobook below so you can see how easy it is to make a fun memory for your family. It's showing up weird on here for me, so, if you care, ignore the whole "this book has been deleted..." message. Click on "view this photo book larger". Then, for the best view, view photo book, single page, full screen....but, again, only if you care about our year a couple years back.

Click here to view this photo book larger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photo book, what a beautiful family you have! I need to get to work on that! It seems if I blog, my pix go to pot. If I get caught up on cooking, no one has socks, you know the routine.

LOVE your blog!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Great idea Dena! I'm going to use this for a Christmas gift idea... thanks :)

Lil Eskimo said...

thanks kelly. i'm with you on the rest too....i have NOT figured out "the secret" yet.

ahren, yeah! whoever gets the gift will love it. you do a great job taking lots of pictures (and you look cute in ALL of them). i wanna see it when you get it!