Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pioneer Love

You may or may not have already heard me gush about The Pioneer Woman. She's hysterical. She's relatable. She's as cute as can be. And, she gives me extra super yummy recipes, and I definitely appreciate that.

I thought I'd give you some links to some of my favs so YOU can try them too!

WARNING:
  1. She is NOT concerned about calorie and fat content. Let me just put it this way, making a recent meal, I finally got to test whether Dawn really "takes grease out of my way" on my favorite pair of maternity pants (YES, I'm still wearing them. Got a problem with that?).
  2. And, she loves her some pimentos. I'm okay with this. Green olives and I have long been bosom buddies, but this singular fact throws Elijah into cardiac arrest. After all, pimentos are red, tomatoes are red....all things red must be snubbed immediately!
Give her a try. You might like her. Some of my top favs (cause I'm redundant like that...top favs as opposed to my bottom favs). In no particular order.....
  • Chicken Spaghetti -- Creamy with a Kick. Cayenne Pepper. Enough said. This is not your normal chicky spaghetti....prepare to be wow'ed!
  • Ranch Style Chicken -- Go ahead, look. I promise this isn't what you're expecting. And, THIS is the culprit of my splattered pants, but I can't wait to make it again! Scrumptious!
  • Crash Hot Potatoes -- Easy, yum. Kosher salt....love it!
  • Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos -- Trust me, try these!
  • Cheese Muffins -- Elijah won't touch a pimento, but he can eat a WHOLE muffin pan of these.
Okay, as I scrolled through her recipes, I discovered how FEW of her recipes I've actually tried! So, the five I've linked to might be the ONLY five I've tried. I'm shocked. I'm appalled. It's okay though, Betty Crocker is back and last time I went "to market" I added ingredients for the following recipes to my list.
  • Shrimp Quesadillas -- The shrimpies in the red sauce look yummy yummy to me!
  • Steak Bites -- Making these tomorrow..can we say JUICY?
  • Beans and Cornbread -- These make me nervous. Ernie is determined to have meat in every dish. I know, I know..beans are legumes. This just isn't a legitimate defense for him. I've decided to throw caution to the wind (literally..beans...get it??) and take the plunge.
  • Crispy Yogurt Chicken -- Yogurt=healthy, right? :)
And, now I've found more I need to get ingredients for next time...
I'm hungry now and it's 10:30....I should be going to bed instead of reading recipes. So, tag you're it. It's your turn. Scroll through those above. Better yet, go to her website and find your own favorites.

2 comments:

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

okay love this woman and ALL her food knowledge. on the beans and cornbread i faced the same problem since my husband is a carnivore.

BUT,

I added some chopped ham and VOILA! it has meant...that you can eat...not just a hamhock.

Lil Eskimo said...

j. lowe. my obsession is your fault. you first told me...i'm forever in your debt. ;)

i had the same thought about the ham...since it worked for you...i'm gonna pull that same stunt. thanks for the expert advice!